Starting with “The most beautiful sunset in the world”, as Alfred Hitchcock described his experience during his stay in the town of Zadar, you sail out north by north-west on an epic cruise among the numerous islands along the coast of Dalmatia to discover the pristine natural beauty which can hardly be found anywhere else in the world. You can read more about Croatia’s islands in a blog post.
Just drop your paddleboard off the boat and you are set to go – to take an easy paddle to the hidden blue lagoon and your private bay … or to challenge yourself with an open-sea crossing between the islands. As you like it, everything is possible with the full comfort of the sailboat always at hand including your private cook awaiting you with canapés and margaritas on the deck when you return.
About a hundred-mile sailing route takes you a thousand years back in time as you visit the islands’ stone-built villages and fall under the spell of the laid back Dalmatian atmosphere. Your 8 days out of this world!
Read more about Croatia’s islands in a blog post.
Paddling time per day: As much as you please
(Click ‘+’ for details)
Day 1: Arrival in Zadar
We pick you up at the Zadar airport and take you to the marina where your sailboat awaits. Until late afternoon when we sail off towards the islands you have time to relax, explore the lively streets of the Old Town and take a walk along the sunset promenade to discover the sea organ.
Day 2-7: Cruising the islands, paddling, relaxing, indulging ...
Kornati National Park, Sestrunj, Molat, Ist, Škarda, Premuda, Susak, Srakane, Unije, Lošinj, Ilovik, Silba, Olib are the islands on our list. But as an old skipper’s saying goes: “At sea the plan is the best alternative” we might skip one or two of them, but as well add three others to the list.
Along our way we take every opportunity to discover the numerous treasures this area has to offer: warm seas perfect for swimming and scuba diving, local cuisine based on freshly caught fish, home-made cheese, olive oil and local wines … and old, stone-built villages where time had stopped long ago.
In the late evening on day 7 we return to the Zadar marina.
Day 8: Departure home
We organise the transport from the Zadar marina to the Zadar airport.
- The stated tour fee applies in case of at least 4 participants booking the tour. In case of less than 4 participants on the tour the tour fee changes accordingly. Feel free to contact us for more information.
- The stated tour fee applies for the accommodation in a double bed cabin (two participants sharing the cabin). For single use of a double bed cabin the price changes accordingly.
- The sailboat length on your tour may vary from approx. 39 to 56 ft, depending on the number of guests.
The tour fee includes:
- All transfers on land (Zadar airport-Zadar marina, Zadar marina-Zadar airport)
- All meals on the tour (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Sailboat accommodation (double bed cabin)
- SUP guide
- SUP gear (board, paddle, leash)
- Entrance fee to the Kornati National Park
Not included in the tour fee:
- Single use of a double bed cabin (contact us for more information)
- Spending money for drinks and souvenirs
- Fees for optional, additional trips or attractions within the tour